CPCU Designees, are you wondering what the next step will be in your career? At Olivet College, we can waive up to 24 credits from your CPCU designation towards the MBA in Insurance.
Our MBA in insurance will help you excel professionally. You will learn from expert faculty who are industry executives and professionals, and network and collaborate with classmates from all over the nation. Our on-line, instructor led, virtual program allows you to participate from anywhere, on any device, via the internet. The Higher Learning Commission and SARA, the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements for online learning accredit the MBA in Insurance program.
Classes start on a rotational basis, with 4 semesters a year – January, March, June, and September. You can start in any semester. Each class is a 3 credit class and the cost per credit is $861.00 with a $109.00 technology fee every semester.
If you want to know what classes can be transferred in, please send a screen shot of your CPCU designation classes to firstname.lastname@example.org
• A 3.0 or higher* (4.0 scale) overall grade point average in the applicant's undergraduate degree
• Have at least 2 years professional experience in the field of insurance or risk management after earning the undergraduate degree
• Have completed the CPCU (Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter) designation or the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT), the GMAT is waived for CPCU designees
• *GPA requirements can be lower with experience in the industry.
Here are some facts about our program to get you started -
1. All classes are on-line in real time, meaning you will never have to come to campus to complete your MBA
2. Classes run from 6:00 – 9:30pm EST Monday – Thursday. Each class meets one night a week for 9 weeks
3. Total credits needed to complete your MBA is 48 but if you have your CPCU we can transfer up to 24 of those credits
4. We run 4 semesters a year (January, March, June, September), 9 weeks long
5. You need 3 things – a camera, headset with microphone, and computer
6. We use Adobe Connect and Blackboard for classroom and homework assignments
Gather the following items to complete your application –
• A current resume
• 2 letters of recommendation
• Undergrad transcripts
• GMAT or CPCU transcripts
Deadline to apply for the fall semester starting in September, is Friday, August 7, 2020 with all application materials submitted. Classes start the week of Monday, September 7, 2020. It takes approximately 2-3 weeks to complete a full application.
Let me know if you have any questions or need any other information. You can view our website at http://www.olivetcollege.edu/professional-and-graduate/mba I am looking forward to working with you.
Kelly M. Parker, M.S.
Associate Director of Graduate Business Programs
MBA in Insurance
320 S. Main Street
Olivet, MI 49076
"Learning never exhausts the mind." - Leonardo Da Vinci